Return Fee: there is a flat $25.00 USD return fee for eligible returns that is invoiced to the buyer. The return fee is waived if the requested return is due to a misrepresented item.
Return Period: we don't release payment to the seller until the buyer tell us they've received the item as described (or 72 hours pass from when the package is delivered). This means buyers have 72 hours from when they receive their item to inspect it and let our support team know if their item has been misrepresented, or they need to return it (as per the seller accepting returns).
Seller Confirmation: After the returned item is delivered to the seller, the seller has 24 hours to confirm all is well or disclose any issues to the POWD team. If we do not hear from the seller we will assume we are ok to process the return.
Return Validity: most dresses and items cannot be returned - it is important to confirm this before you purchase your item. Every seller is a real person just like you and decides if she wants the sale to be final, or not, and will mark directly on the listing in the Return Policy section indicating which it is. If they accept returns, you can return your item if it doesn't fit or you don't love it.
Returns are only valid for items where the seller and buyer are in the same country. Purchases must be made after October 3, 2022 to qualify.
If you purchased an item from a seller who accepts returns, you can return the item for any reason by requesting a return within 72 hours of receiving it.
Returning a Misrepresented Item
You may be eligible for a return and a full or partial refund for the following reasons:
- Item is not as described or not authentic
- Wrong item
- Item never arrives
- Item arrives with undisclosed damage
- If the undisclosed damage is repairable, our support team will guide you through your options and work with the seller to come to a resolution that works for both parties - this may include a partial refund if you are happy to keep your item.
- Missing items
- If your item arrives but is missing something, we will work with your seller to ship the missing item to you.
To be eligible for a return, where the seller of the item has indicated returns are allowed, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags (if applicable), and in its original packaging.
What is Not Covered
Buyers Remorse - if the item does not fit or is not really your style/what you were hoping for.
Acceptable Wear and Tear - even a brand-new item may show gentle signs of being handled. When a dress is tried on or packaged/unpackaged to ship, it is reasonable to expect some signs of acceptable wear and tear during these actions.
Within reason, POWD considers acceptable signs of wear to be small - both in size and amount - and easily remedied. This means that they can be easily cleaned or brushed off, taken off with a lint roller, trimmed with scissors, or sewn back on (etc).
- loose threads
- internal marks on the lining or underlayers that are not visible while worn
- loosened bodice lining
- marks from touching other objects or the floor
- pet fur
- marks inside the neckline or straps from makeup or self-tanner (not visible from the outside)
- missing or loosened buttons, beads, or gems
Concerns of this nature will be assessed on an individual basis by our team.
- Returns submitted after the 72-hour window is closed or items sent back without first requesting a return (these returns will not be accepted).
- International shipments - if you purchased an item that is located in a different country your order will be considered a final sale. It is the responsibility of the buyer to perform their due diligence. This means asking for pictures and videos to verify the condition and authenticity of the item before purchasing it and asking questions about any alterations done to confirm sizing.
Transactions Offsite - only items purchased directly through the POWD marketplace are eligible for a refund.
- Shipping Fee - shipping is non-refundable.
- Listing Fee - once a listing goes live on the POWD marketplace the fee is non-refundable.
Requesting A Return
- Return Request - click the button in the email you received when your shipment arrived, or submit a return request here https://preownedweddingdresses.myshopify.com/pages/contact-us.
- Upload Details - add several well-lit pictures and explain why you're requesting a return.
POWD Investigates - for returns where an item is misrepresented, the POWD support team will investigate and work with both parties to verify the return claim within 72 hours. If we verify the buyer's claim that the item is misrepresented, we'll send them a prepaid return label to return the item to the seller.
For regular returns, we’ll notify the seller of the buyers intent to return the item, and send the buyer an invoice for $25. Once the invoice is paid, a return shipping label will be sent to the buyer (tracking sent to the seller) and instructions on how and where to send the package.
- Ship It - all returns must be shipped within 48 hours of receiving the shipping label. Any returns posted for shipment after the 48-hour deadline will not be accommodated and will be considered a final, non-returnable sale.
- Refund - we will notify you once the seller has received and inspected your return within 24 hours of receipt. If approved (item is in expected condition), you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method and will receive an email confirming this. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
You can always contact us for any return questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.